Sunday, June 12, 2011

Welcome to Me!

Hello, Everybody!  This nice lady, Connie, picked me up yesterday from the National Greyhound Adoption Program in Pennsylvania, where they took very good care of me when I retired from the racetrack.

I thought it'd be nice to give everyone a glimpse into what my new life is like.  We'll also share links to various resources we find for other Greys and their people.

I was a little nervous with 4 steps, but I just took it one-at-time and made it to the top while Connie waited patiently.  The "elevator" was no big deal. 


We then went into something called an "apartment" where Connie had set up food and water bowls nice and elevated for me and a lovely crate with a soft mattress.  After Connie gave me a tour of all the rooms, I went into my crate for a little nap.  Connie left the door open and the crate is right across from the chair she sits in, so I can keep an eye on her.


I spent the night in Connie's "bedroom," but I couldn't figure out how to get on to that high-rise mattress she was sleeping on.  I slept on another bed she put for me in the bedroom, closed the door and we went to sleep.


I had a good breakfast of kibbles with some yogurt and now we're going to the park for a long walk.


More later - gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment